About Me

Arkansas
My name is Tritia. I'm a mom to four beautiful little boys. Married to my very best friend, David. I enjoy watching my boys in sports, hanging with my friends, and decorating.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

screened-in patio


Few months ago, we decided to screen in the back patio. We rarely use our backyard. The kids no longer had play equipment out there, and all it was good for was "dumping" grounds for the dogs.
I wanted to extend our living space. Use the patio, and backyard.
So, the beginning of this month...David started to peck away at it. Working from morning to night on the weekends. As well as the little bit of daylight he had left on the occasional non baseball nights.
The most exciting part of the plan, was to add a doggie door, and a fenced in area for the dogs. So, they no longer had the whole yard to do their thing in. Having to shovel dog poop every time you wanted to go out and play became a bummer.


Like so many things I throw at my hubby, he didn't have a clue what he was doing with the screening in of the patio. He looked at some pics, googled and took many trips to Lowe's. Did a little bit of "winging it".
And I couldn't be happier with it. He did a GREAT job!

Some pics of the framing process. As well as tons of junk all over the lawn, killing it in the process! I hate living in a "construction zone".



and my helpers....getting some of the painting done.


Here's a super old pic..about 4 years ago. Only real good "before". Again, we NEVER went out there, so it was all kind of a hot mess.
And now. Did I mention we killed the lawn?? Oh yes! Hopefully we'll get it back soon.
On the far end, the little fence will be painted white here in a few days. And my Sam's club garden kits will have something in them. We'd also like to add rain gutters, and maybe a little patio right outside the door there. But, for now..I think I'll let the hubby rest a bit :)


And the inside is also a work in progress. I have string lights to go up, fans to install, and curtains.
Oh, and the wicker love seat is temporary. David plans to build a little day bed. Wait..did I say he was going to rest??

Before...man, those kids are so little!

After..




 Opposite side




And here's the little $25 dresser I bought and painted for a planter.


Coming back to add a few more pics. David put up the lights and the fans, so we were able to enjoy a little Father's Day dinner with the folks.
It all got moved back to normal after. Just a few mins to move a few things out and table and chairs in. Plan to have dinner out there at least one night a week :)




2 comments:

  1. Great makeover! What a wonderful space to spend the summer. Love the punch of color your planter/dresser gives. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete