About Me

Arkansas
My name is Tritia. I'm a mom to four beautiful little boys. Married to my very best friend, David. I enjoy watching my boys in sports, hanging with my friends, and decorating.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Ah...the little things :)

For awhile now, I've heard this buzz around my decorating forums about the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store. Hadn't given it all that much thought, until Asher and I happened to be in the area the other day. It's a bit like the salvation army..but with a big emphasis on building supplies. Old cabinets people have ripped out, tubs, toilets, sinks, blinds, lots of little odds and ends! A lot of new stuff in boxes, that people didn't bother to return to the store (or probably lost receipt. we know how that is ) Or donated from contractors and building stores. New "oops" paint from stores like Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams. A friend of mine said she searched all over for a light fixture she saw in a magazine. Walked in there, and found one like it for $12. Spray painted it, and VOILA! I can't recall seeing this at her house, but knowing what a BEAUTIFUL home she is. I'm sure it's wonderful!!

Now, I didn't find anything big that I HAD to have the other day. But, I DID find these wonderful, little knobs for my armoire.


25 cents a piece, and it's like a whole new piece of furniture.





before with old wood knobs




after with new black knobs







No comments:

Post a Comment