About Me

Arkansas
My name is Tritia. I'm a mom to four beautiful little boys. Married to my very best friend, David. I enjoy watching my boys in sports, hanging with my friends, and decorating.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Backsplash


We have now officially begun tiling the back splash. We've decided to go with subway tile from Lowes. One of the reasons....they're a whoppin' 22 cents a piece!! :)
That, and I just love the look. We thought briefly about beadboard. But, I really wanted to give this a shot.
David took the day off to have a four day weekend in order to get something accomplished. We planned on hitting the cabinets. But, the paint guy at Benjamin Moore all but talked me out of painting when I left there yesterday. I sent David a text, told him what was up. He responded that it was like the guy at McDonald's trying to talk me out of a cheeseburger, LOL.
He was pushing a one step stain, or gel stain. He told me to take a door off, and bring it to him and he could test some colors on the inside. So, we did that first thing this morning. Of course, he wasn't there. Another guy helped us, and couldn't get the stain to stay on our varnished cabs. Well, DUH! I knew that. Really...I did. But, the other dude told me to bring in a door. So...I did :) This guy then proceeded to talk us back into painting..ugh. My biggest fear with painting, is the durability. And...the brush strokes. He gave us 100 different opinions and options. Talked to us about oil based, water based. Discussed with us the idea of renting a sprayer, and using it for the doors only.
My head was spinning. So, we bought tile.

We got such a late start that we gave up for the night. We'll start fresh in the morning.

No clue what we're doing here..so it shall be fun. HA!




No comments:

Post a Comment