About Me

Arkansas
My name is Tritia. I'm a mom to four beautiful little boys. Married to my very best friend, David. I enjoy watching my boys in sports, hanging with my friends, and decorating.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Picnic table make-over!


Man, I wish I had a good "before" shot. But..I don't.
This table was given to us by some friends who moved back to Holland last yr. It was painted a really pretty light blue. I liked the color, but since it's right outside our living room window..it had to change. Once inside our living room, my eyes were constantly being drawn outside to the blue table.
I forgot when we started this project, what a PAIN red paint is. Took three coats, and it's still not done. But..I'm out of paint and the will. Seriously..I now hate red, lol. It may not have been so hard had I not gone cheap, and just used the primer I had. It really could have used some gray primer. MUCH easier to cover. Still would have sucked. But, maybe not so bad.
And when I say "we"..that'd be me and the small tot. Yes, Asher did almost as much if not MORE then I did!!! He helped me prime the first day, and worked his booty off getting underneath that table for the first two coats. I do believe I served him lunch under there, LOL. After being in pain for a couple days, from my back twisting to reach the underneath parts that showed..a light bulb went off. Why didn't we just flip the stupid thing, and paint it that way!?! UGH!
So, for the last coat..David and I turned it over (sucker is heavy, too) And then I just tossed another coat on the top when it was upright.

It's not perfect..but it'll do. I wanted to do something fun. Polka dots, flowers? Bugs!?! :) I ended up just tossing a couple random flowers on it and calling it a day. Less is more..right??


Look at the concentration on that boy's face!!





Such a nice night last night, we had dinner out there. Probably one of the last times with all the buggies getting ready to come out soon. David was a wreck the whole time. Checking his feet and legs for spiders, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment