About Me

Arkansas
My name is Tritia. I'm a mom to four beautiful little boys. Married to my very best friend, David. I enjoy watching my boys in sports, hanging with my friends, and decorating.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

the evolution of a living room



Snapped some more pics this weekend of some of the changes that have taken place over the last year of our living room. It's been fun looking back and seeing how drastic our taste has change. All that red...yikes!! So, glad that phase is over :)


This space actually started with these little dinky white framed pictures. Here we thought we really stepped it up by changing the frames out to dark ones, LOL. gotta luv the plain, postage stamp of an area rug.


And this is where that rug was replaced. Of course, like everything..I'm over this rug. I've looked for awhile for a replacement. But, haven't found one I'm willing to spend the $$ on. Because, the next one isn't going to be just another "quick fix". We also ditched the recliner. This is the set up we use every Christmas when the tree goes in front of the windows. And I always hated putting everything back. So,  two years ago..we just didn't. We lived with nothing in front of the window for 6 months. Waiting, and shopping to find the perfect 
chair.

Now we have some big changes. Replaced the coffee table, which I'd been dying to do. And everything just took off from there. Once that awful honey oak eye sore was gone, the rest slowly started to get picked off.
The over bearing red curtains..poof! Gone! Replaced with nice, crisp white ones. The purchase of our little IO Metro occasional chair. And some pillow changes.





Behind the couch, we had this going on

And once things started to "lighten up", it went to this.
And then finally...the bookcases I've been dreaming about since we bought the place. Magically appeared!! Ok, not so magically. It was days of work for my hubby. Which BTW..I think he totally rocked it!


So, here's a little before and after picture recap













So, there ya have it. In about a year..it'll all change again :)

2 comments: