About Me

Arkansas
My name is Tritia. I'm a mom to four beautiful little boys. Married to my very best friend, David. I enjoy watching my boys in sports, hanging with my friends, and decorating.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

outside changes


I thought I'd wait to post on some of the things we've done outside, till the lawn was nice, green...lush. But, this here drought we're havin' in the Midwest is NOT agreeing with that plan. Dear Lord..send us some rain!!! It's awful!! And brown..and dead. Sigh.
So, I've snapped some pics and will go ahead and show off the few little things we did back in the Spring.

The door. Oh..the white, boring door.


 I took off the hardware, and spray painted it ORB. And David painted the door with a Valspar's Green Apple. Fresh, clean...cheerful. Lovin' it!
.






The following wk he knocked out a couple of sets of shutters, then we painted them black. All very inexpensive changes. But, big ones in our eyes. Both things are something we've been dying to do since we bought the place. 6 yrs ago!


 And you can see some SERIOUS tree growth over the years! And to think..the one on the right almost got yanked out for "failure to thrive", haha!





2 comments:

  1. Love it! Especially the colour of your door! We, too, have dried out grass and stressed out flowers, due to the extremely extreme heat! Your place looks beautiful anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol-Anne! We're definitely ready for this heat to end.

    ReplyDelete