About Me

Arkansas
My name is Tritia. I'm a mom to four beautiful little boys. Married to my very best friend, David. I enjoy watching my boys in sports, hanging with my friends, and decorating.

Friday, March 20, 2009

healing







We're home and doing great!!

Ethan was really stressed going in. He was mostly worried about the needle for the IV. Luckily, we found out pretty quickly they do it AFTER they put you under. We were allowed to go back with him to the cath lab for a few mins until he was asleep. He kind of freaked out a bit when they put the mask over his face :( He looked soooo scared. Just when they were telling me he was almost asleep, he jolted up. And started to grab the mask. Took a few people to hold him down. I was holding his hand, telling him it was ok. Then all of a sudden his hand went limp, his eyes rolled back, and his head fell to the side. Gotta say...I knew what was happening, and remained VERY calm..but it was kind of a sickening thing to watch. I still can't get that image out of my head.
An hour into the study they called and said they'd found the pathway, and were starting the ablation. An hour later..said they found ANOTHER, which guess isn't all that common. That one was a bit deeper, and a higher risk spot. But luckily Dr. Tuzcu is trained :) Waking up was hard on him, too. He started to cry the minute he saw us. He was just confused with the way his body felt, and his throat was hurting from the tube. Wasn't long that he was miserable not being able to move his legs (had to lay still for 5 hours) After a few hours of sleeping, crying, trying to move.. I told him he HAD to eat some ice cream. Not too long after that, he started to perk up and was ready to be dischared. We left around 6:00pm.

The hospital experience wasn't much fun, that's for sure. But I think we all enjoyed being just the three of us. We went to the zoo the day we got there. Ate out a LOT (not off the dollar menu at mickey d's , BIG treat, lol) My sister hooked us up with a room at the Peabody, which was great. Yes, she ROCKS!!

He'll be sore for a couple days. More stiff tomorrow, they said. Needs to keep walking around and get back into things slowly.
All in all, we feel blessed it went so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment